Re: snapper vs. HEAD

From: "Tom Turelinckx" <pgbf(at)twiska(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Andres Freund" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: snapper vs. HEAD
Date: 2020-03-30 17:23:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Tom Lane wrote:
> Thanks! But it doesn't seem to have taken: snapper just did a new run
> that still failed, and it still seems to be using -O2.

Snapper did build using -O1 a few hours ago, but it failed the check stage very early with a different error:

FATAL: null value in column "classid" of relation "pg_depend" violates not-null constraint

I then cleared out the ccache and forced a build of HEAD: same issue.

Next I cleared out the ccache and forced a build of HEAD with -O2: this is the one you saw.

Finally, I've cleared out both the ccache and the accache and forced a build of HEAD with -O1. It failed the check stage again very early with the above error.

> to move to a newer Debian LTS release? Or have they dropped Sparc
> support altogether?

Wheezy was the last stable release for Debian sparc. Sparc64 is a Debian ports architecture, but there are no stable releases for sparc64. I do maintain private sparc64 repositories for Stretch and Buster, and I could configure buildfarm animals for those (on faster hardware too), but those releases are not officially available.

Best regards,
Tom Turelinckx