Re: snapper vs. HEAD

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Tom Turelinckx" <pgbf(at)twiska(dot)com>
Cc: "Andres Freund" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: snapper vs. HEAD
Date: 2020-03-30 16:24:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Tom Turelinckx" <pgbf(at)twiska(dot)com> writes:
> In the past, I've already switched from gcc 4.6 to gcc 4.7 as a workaround for a similar compiler bug, but I can't upgrade to a newer gcc without backporting it myself, so for the moment I've switched snapper to use -O1 instead of -O2, for HEAD only.

Thanks! But it doesn't seem to have taken: snapper just did a new run
that still failed, and it still seems to be using -O2.

> Not sure whether wheezy on sparc 32-bit is very relevant today, but it's
> an exotic platform, so I try to keep those buildfarm animals alive as
> long as it's possible.

Yeah, I've got a couple of those myself. But perhaps it'd be sensible
to move to a newer Debian LTS release? Or have they dropped Sparc
support altogether?

(As of this weekend, it seemed to be impossible to find the wheezy sparc
distribution images on-line anymore. Fortunately I still had a download
of the dvd-1 image stashed away, or I would not have been able to recreate
my qemu VM for the purpose. It's going to be very hard for any other PG
hackers to investigate that platform in future.)