Re: snapper vs. HEAD

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Turelinckx <pgbf(at)twiska(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: snapper vs. HEAD
Date: 2020-03-30 17:24:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2020-03-30 12:24:06 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Tom Turelinckx" <pgbf(at)twiska(dot)com> writes:
> Yeah, I've got a couple of those myself. But perhaps it'd be sensible
> to move to a newer Debian LTS release? Or have they dropped Sparc
> support altogether?

I think the 32bit sparc support has been phased out. Sparc64 isn't a
"official port", but there's a port:
https://wiki.debian.org/Sparc64
including seemingly regularly updated images.

> (As of this weekend, it seemed to be impossible to find the wheezy sparc
> distribution images on-line anymore. Fortunately I still had a download
> of the dvd-1 image stashed away, or I would not have been able to recreate
> my qemu VM for the purpose. It's going to be very hard for any other PG
> hackers to investigate that platform in future.)

They've been moved to archive.debian.org, but they should still be
downloadable. Seems like the website hasn't been quite updated to that
fact...

The installer downloads are still available at:
https://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/debian-installer/

but sources.list would need to be pointed at something like

deb http://archive.debian.org/debian/ wheezy contrib main non-free

See also https://www.debian.org/distrib/archive

Greetings,

Andres Freund