PG 16 draft release notes ready

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Date: 2023-05-18 20:49:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have completed the first draft of the PG 16 release notes. You can
see the output here:

https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-16.html

I will adjust it to the feedback I receive; that URL will quickly show
all updates.

I learned a few things creating it this time:

* I can get confused over C function names and SQL function names in
commit messages.

* The sections and ordering of the entries can greatly clarify the
items.

* The feature count is slightly higher than recent releases:

release-10: 189
release-11: 170
release-12: 180
release-13: 178