Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready

From: "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Date: 2023-05-19 07:49:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 5/18/23 10:49 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have completed the first draft of the PG 16 release notes. You can
> see the output here:
>
> https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-16.html
>
> I will adjust it to the feedback I receive; that URL will quickly show
> all updates.

Thanks!

"
This adds the function pg_log_standby_snapshot(). TEXT?:
"

My proposal:

This adds the function pg_log_standby_snapshot() to log details of the current snapshot
to WAL. If the primary is idle, the slot creation on a standby can take a while.
This function can be used on the primary to speed up the logical slot creation on
the standby.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot