Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready

From: jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Date: 2023-05-19 16:59:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 4:49 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> I have completed the first draft of the PG 16 release notes. You can
> see the output here:
>
> https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-16.html
>
> I will adjust it to the feedback I receive; that URL will quickly show
> all updates.
>
> I learned a few things creating it this time:
>
> * I can get confused over C function names and SQL function names in
> commit messages.
>
> * The sections and ordering of the entries can greatly clarify the
> items.
>
> * The feature count is slightly higher than recent releases:
>
> release-10: 189
> release-11: 170
> release-12: 180
> release-13: 178
> release-14: 220
> release-15: 184
> --> release-16: 200
>
> --
> Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> https://momjian.us
> EDB https://enterprisedb.com
>
> Only you can decide what is important to you.

Add function pg_dissect_walfile_name() to report the segment and timeline
> values of WAL file names (Bharath Rupireddy)

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=13e0d7a603852b8b05c03b45228daabffa0cced2
the function rename to pg_split_walfile_name.

seems didn't mention pg_input_is_valid,pg_input_error_info?
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/functions-info.html#FUNCTIONS-INFO-VALIDITY-TABLE