Support custom socket directory in pg_upgrade

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Support custom socket directory in pg_upgrade
Date: 2018-10-09 13:09:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Having hit the maximum socketdir length error a number of times in pg_upgrade,
especially when running tests in a deep directory hierarchy, I figured it was
time to see if anyone else has had the same problem? The attached patch is
what I run with locally to avoid the issue, it adds a --socketdir=PATH option
to pg_upgrade which overrides the default use of CWD. Is that something that
could be considered?

cheers ./daniel

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_upgrade_sockdir.patch application/octet-stream 4.6 KB