Re: [HACKERS] Supporting huge pages on Windows

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Craig Ringer <craig(dot)ringer(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Supporting huge pages on Windows
Date: 2018-01-21 14:45:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 2:30 PM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 01:42:13PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > We have traditionally supported older versions of Windows as long as
> people
> > build from source. But perhaps I'm way overreading that and we should
> just
> > bite the bullet, commit this patch, and declare those platforms as
> > completely dead by PostgreSQL 11?
>
> Yeah, I'd like to think that this is a good idea for HEAD. Microsoft is
> pushing hard to have all its users move to newer versions like 10
> anyway.

I got myself a working build env now so I can at least verify it builds,
which it does.

With that, I'm pushing this. Let's see what the buildfarm thinks of it. And
if others end up complaining about the platform drop, but I doubt that.

Once again, apologies for the delay, and thanks for the patch!

--
Magnus Hagander