Re: [HACKERS] Supporting huge pages on Windows

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Craig Ringer <craig(dot)ringer(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Supporting huge pages on Windows
Date: 2018-01-22 02:24:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 3:45 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> I got myself a working build env now so I can at least verify it builds,
> which it does.
>
> With that, I'm pushing this. Let's see what the buildfarm thinks of it. And
> if others end up complaining about the platform drop, but I doubt that.
>
> Once again, apologies for the delay, and thanks for the patch!

+ To start the database server on the command prompt as a
standalone process,
+ not as a Windows service, the command prompt must be run as
an administrator
+ User Access Control (UAC) must be disabled. When the UAC is
enabled, the normal
+ command prompt revokes the user right Lock Pages in Memory
when started.

Is that first sentence missing the word "and" after "administrator"?

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com