Re: Re: PATCH: pageinspect / add page_checksum and bt_page_items(bytea)

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: PATCH: pageinspect / add page_checksum and bt_page_items(bytea)
Date: 2017-04-04 13:43:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 9:32 AM, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote:
> My goal is to help people focus on patches that have a chance. At this
> point I think that includes poking authors who are not being responsive
> using the limited means at my disposal.

+1. Pings on specific threads can help clear things up when, for
example, the author and reviewer are each waiting for the other. And,
as you say, they also help avoid the situation where a patch just
falls off the radar and misses the release for no especially good
reason, which naturally causes people frustration.

I think your pings have been quite helpful, although I think it would
have been better in some cases if you'd done them sooner. Pinging
after a week, with a 3 day deadline, when there are only a few days
left in the CommitFest isn't really leaving a lot of room to maneuver.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company