Re: pgsql: Make hstore_plperl's build even more like plperl's

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Make hstore_plperl's build even more like plperl's
Date: 2015-05-02 15:05:16
Lists: pgsql-committers

> On 5/2/15 10:20 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Putting the CORE directory at the end of PG_CPPFLAGS doesn't work. Using
>> the override to put it at the end of CPPFLAGS does work.
> It's strange that the include directory order should matter. What is
> the explanation for that? I don't see this documented anywhere. I
> don't see any evidence in the buildfarm that this makes a difference.
>
> The intent of my changes was to unbreak other platforms that had been
> broken by these Windows-related changes (which did succeed).

What failures on other platforms? There's not a single buildfarm failure
I can see attributable to this. All the recent failures are listed
here: <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_failures.pl>

The evidence in favor of my changes is in my testing. When I do it your
way I get errors, when I do it my way I don't.

Note that the override is EXACTLY what is done unconditionally in the
plperl GNUmakefile:

override CPPFLAGS := -I. -I$(srcdir) $(CPPFLAGS)
-I$(perl_archlibexp)/CORE

So, contrary to your claims, you have not made this makefile more like
plperl's - you've made it less like plperl's, and detrimentally so.

cheers

andrew