Re: pgsql: Add transforms feature

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add transforms feature
Date: 2015-05-02 14:58:03
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On 4/26/15 12:36 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I don't know why this patch is fooling around with compile/link flags,
> but it's broken at least prairiedog

The addition of the link flag -undefined dynamic_lookup is so that
plugins can refer to symbols from other plugins. This is how other
platforms work by default, and it is standard for OS X in GNU libtool
and many other projects. I'm confused why prairiedog is complaining
about that. According to Internet lore, this flag seems to be available
from OS X either 10.3 or 10.1. prairiedog is listed as 10.4, but errors
with

MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable set to: 10.1

Some of the above-mentioned other projects appear to have some OS X
version test, so we could do something like that. But before we embark
on that, could you clarify whether the build farm entry lists the
correct version?