Re: Planet posting policy

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Planet posting policy
Date: 2012-01-30 18:05:17
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus,

> Did you read the example? It *was* basically a press release...

Not from my perspective. Dave's post tells me in factual language
exactly what the features of PEM are (or are intended to be), sufficient
to let me know if I should investigate PEM for my customers and PUG or
not.

And if you compare it to the EDB press release on the same topic, you'll
note some dramatic content and style differences. Based on the EDB
press release, I'd dismissed PEM as yet more EDB vaporware until I got
to pgOpen.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.