Re: Planet posting policy

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Planet posting policy
Date: 2012-01-30 18:19:09
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 10:05:17AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Magnus,
>
> > Did you read the example? It *was* basically a press release...
>
> Not from my perspective. Dave's post tells me in factual language
> exactly what the features of PEM are (or are intended to be), sufficient
> to let me know if I should investigate PEM for my customers and PUG or
> not.
>
> And if you compare it to the EDB press release on the same topic, you'll
> note some dramatic content and style differences. Based on the EDB
> press release, I'd dismissed PEM as yet more EDB vaporware until I got
> to pgOpen.

Let me add I do slip commercial stuff into my blog if it make sense ---
e.g. if I am speaking to the Boston user group, and doing training there
as well, I mention the training, but that isn't the topic of the blog
post (http://momjian.us/main/blogs/pgblog/2012.html#January_16_2012_2).

Also, I think the commercial PEM product could be blogged about if it
allows users to see aspects of Postgres via graphs that are not usually
visible. Also, it possible to blog about Postgres running on the cloud
and tangentially mention the EDB cloud product, or other cloud products.
(I mentioned commercial products when I blogged about monitoring,
http://momjian.us/main/blogs/pgblog/2011.html#November_30_2011.)

In summary, there are ways to do it now, but it has to be done
carefully.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com