Re: ECPGset_var

From: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ECPGset_var
Date: 2010-01-26 18:13:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane írta:
> Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at> writes:
>
>> Michael Meskes Ă­rta:
>>
>>> Zoltan, could you please look into this:
>>> http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dugong&dt=2010-01-26%2011:05:01 ?
>>> Apparently dugong creates the ECPGset_var statements in a different order than
>>> the other archs.
>>>

>> It seems mongoose also fails the same way,
>> the common factor seems to be ICC, other machines
>> with various GCC versions are green . I'll look into it.
>>

> The problem is you've got calls like this:
>
> $$ = cat_str(4,
> adjust_outofscope_cursor_vars(this, true),
> adjust_outofscope_cursor_vars(this, false),
> make_str("ECPG_informix_reset_sqlca();"),
> comment);
>
> in which the order of evaluation of cat_str's parameters is unspecified,
> but adjust_outofscope_cursor_vars has got order-dependent side effects.
>
> regards, tom lane

Thanks for analyzing it, patch is attached. I downloaded
and installed ICC, so I could reproduce the difference.

Also, another "bug" is fixed in one regression test,
it seems NaN is different across platforms, so
we must not test for it either.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--
Bible has answers for everything. Proof:
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more

Zoltán Böszörményi
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
http://www.postgresql.at/

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg85-fix-ooscope-cur-1-ctxdiff.patch text/x-patch 14.7 KB