Re: ECPGset_var

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ECPGset_var
Date: 2010-01-26 17:29:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at> writes:
> Michael Meskes rta:
>> Zoltan, could you please look into this:
>> http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dugong&dt=2010-01-26%2011:05:01 ?
>> Apparently dugong creates the ECPGset_var statements in a different order than
>> the other archs.

> It seems mongoose also fails the same way,
> the common factor seems to be ICC, other machines
> with various GCC versions are green . I'll look into it.

The problem is you've got calls like this:

$$ = cat_str(4,
adjust_outofscope_cursor_vars(this, true),
adjust_outofscope_cursor_vars(this, false),
make_str("ECPG_informix_reset_sqlca();"),
comment);

in which the order of evaluation of cat_str's parameters is unspecified,
but adjust_outofscope_cursor_vars has got order-dependent side effects.