Re: TAP output format in pg_regress

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: TAP output format in pg_regress
Date: 2022-02-22 14:10:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 22 Feb 2022, at 00:08, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:

> I'll fix that.

The attached v3 fixes that thinko, and cleans up a lot of the output which
isn't diagnostic per the TAP spec to make it less noisy. It also fixes tag
support used in the ECPG tests and a few small cleanups. There is a blank line
printed which needs to be fixed, but I'm running out of time and wanted to get
a non-broken version on the list before putting it aside for today.

The errorpaths that exit(2) the testrun should be converted to "bail out" lines
when running with TAP output, but apart from that I think it's fairly spec
compliant.

--
Daniel Gustafsson https://vmware.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-pg_regress-TAP-output-format.patch application/octet-stream 17.1 KB