Re: TAP output format in pg_regress

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TAP output format in pg_regress
Date: 2022-03-21 23:49:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2022-02-22 15:10:11 +0100, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> > On 22 Feb 2022, at 00:08, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:
>
> > I'll fix that.
>
> The attached v3 fixes that thinko, and cleans up a lot of the output which
> isn't diagnostic per the TAP spec to make it less noisy. It also fixes tag
> support used in the ECPG tests and a few small cleanups. There is a blank line
> printed which needs to be fixed, but I'm running out of time and wanted to get
> a non-broken version on the list before putting it aside for today.
>
> The errorpaths that exit(2) the testrun should be converted to "bail out" lines
> when running with TAP output, but apart from that I think it's fairly spec
> compliant.

This is failing with segmentation faults on cfbot:
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4879227009892352?logs=test_world#L21

Looks like something around isolationtester is broken?

Unfortunately there's no useful backtraces for isolationtester. Not sure
what's up there.

Seems like we might not have energy to push this forward in the next two
weeks, so maybe the CF entry should be marked returned or moved for now?

Greetings,

Andres Freund