Re: php + postgresql

From: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
To: Bill Wordsworth <bill(dot)wordsworth(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: php + postgresql
Date: 2008-07-26 19:43:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Bill Wordsworth wrote:

> PHP is faster than Python, has a smaller memory foot-print than
> Python, has better SOAP features than Python, and is better suited for
> the web than Python. Python is better suited for the
> cli/mac/desktop/phone.

Do you have proof for that? Or is this similar to "MySQL is faster then
Postgresql"? I see a different picture:

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/debian/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=python&lang2=php

> And nobody made Engineers the boss of us. We also can't compare
> Database v Language, that MySQL = PHP where PostgreSQL = Language of
> Your Choice. We can like PHP *and* PostgreSQL and stand up for both.
> Cheers, Bill

Oh, we can do that exactly the same way as someone can stand up for a
... err.. whatever language ;-)

T.