Re: php + postgresql

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
Cc: Bill Wordsworth <bill(dot)wordsworth(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: php + postgresql
Date: 2008-07-26 19:59:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Bill Wordsworth wrote:
>
>> PHP is faster than Python, has a smaller memory foot-print than
>> Python, has better SOAP features than Python, and is better suited for
>> the web than Python. Python is better suited for the
>> cli/mac/desktop/phone.
>
> Do you have proof for that? Or is this similar to "MySQL is faster then
> Postgresql"?

I can't say that I am getting the same high off the drug Bill is using.
PHP may be faster in some circumstances (I really can't say) but better
SOAP features? Highly doubtful. Not to mention nice little things like REST.

But then again, this wasn't supposed to be a PHP vs everybody thread. I
find it interesting that Bill is being so negative. Most of the people
on the thread have just pointed out, specific issues with PHP that
Python (or insert other language here) does not have.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake