Re: [HACKERS] Some items for the TODO list

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Some items for the TODO list
Date: 1998-07-09 04:41:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Is there a reason that there is not an UNLISTEN
> command? (Like maybe it's not in ANSI SQL?)
> If no one else feels like working on these, maybe I will. I could use
> some pointers for #2 though ... what needs to be done to add a new SQL
> statement?

I'll add the new statement if you can get the backend to do something
with it. Usually, there is a parse tree structure corresponding to the
command, with any parameters included in it. In this case, the
"unlisten" block should probably look like the "listen" block, since
both probably have similar arguments.

Let me know if you have time to work on it...

- Tom