Re: Suggestions for first contribution?

From: Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Christian Convey <christian(dot)convey(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Suggestions for first contribution?
Date: 2016-09-07 14:14:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here is another idea for a contribution - refactoring.

Currently there are a lot of procedures in PostgreSQL code that
definitely don't fit on one screen (i.e. ~50 lines). Also many files are
larger than say 1000 lines of code. For instance, psql_completion
procedure is more than 2000 lines long! I think patches that would make
such code easier to read would have a good chance to be accepted.

In case you are interested I wrote a script that scans PostgreSQL code
and then prints procedures names and corresponding number of lines of
code (see attachment).

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev