Re: expanded mode is still broken

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Greg S <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Sergey Muraviov <sergey(dot)k(dot)muraviov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: expanded mode is still broken
Date: 2014-09-12 13:57:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Pavel,

* Stephen Frost (sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net) wrote:
> That said, it looks like it worked in 9.3.

Hmm, actually, no, it didn't.

sfrost(at)tamriel:~> psql --version
psql (PostgreSQL) 9.3.5
sfrost(at)tamriel:~> psql -d postgres
psql (9.3.5)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# \pset expanded
Expanded display is on.
postgres=# \pset border 3
Border style is 3.
postgres=# \l
List of databases
[ RECORD 1 ]-----+----------------------
| Name | postgres |
| Owner | postgres |
| Encoding | UTF8 |
| Collate | en_US.UTF-8 |
| Ctype | en_US.UTF-8 |
| Access privileges | |

I've found a few places where we don't treat border >= 2 as the same
border == 2 and if I'm able to make it work then I'll probably go ahead
and commit it, unless anyone objects, but if I run into trouble then
I'll probably just punt on it as I don't know that it really deserves a
lot of effort.

The way the documentation reads for 'border' is pretty terrible though,
in my view, so I'll take a pass at cleaning that up too.

Thanks,

Stephen