Re: expanded mode is still broken

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Greg S <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Sergey Muraviov <sergey(dot)k(dot)muraviov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: expanded mode is still broken
Date: 2014-09-12 13:42:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Pavel,

* Pavel Stehule (pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> I checked HEAD and border formatting is broken

I agree that 'border 3' and the ascii / unicode linestyles generates an
odd looking output, however...

[...]

> Probably not all Sergey's fixes was applied, when I tested it (9.4 with
> Sergey' fixes) it works without issues (I though)

I went through all of psql-wrapped-expanded-fix-v5.patch (from
CAJTaR30koAru2tucYiAZ=JjFFi8TZ0K7dhfSY-y7bsFj347zdg(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com) and
the whole thing appears to have been applied. There aren't any
regression tests with '\pset border 3' and the documentation indicates
that it's only sensible for HTML (where it simply tranlates into the
border=.. attribute) and latex/latex-longtable. That said, it looks
like it worked in 9.3. I'm guessing there's a case somewhere which
isn't handling border = 3 as identical to border = 2 after these changes.

If there's a specific patch that fixes this, please share a link. I'll
spend a bit of time looking at it, but I'll admit that I've not spent a
lot of time in this code and it isn't exactly the most straight-forward
code in our tree today..

Thanks,

Stephen