PG on Win2K

From: "Nikhil G(dot) Daddikar" <ngd(at)celoxis(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PG on Win2K
Date: 2002-08-30 08:59:24
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Folks,

Some background: our application is dependent on Postgresql and we are extremely happy with it. We've been running it Linux servers.

However, our target customers are mostly Win2k and are not expected to be IT savvy nor have any IT personnel. We are therefore trying to make it a painless install, and other than PG, we have everything figured out that would make it as simple as unzipping and starting the server.

My questions:
1. is there a simple way for pg to be installed on win2k machines?
2. Is cygwin required?
3. Can we just bundle all the software so that the end user doesn't have to do all the work and also we have a controlled environment?

The aim is to make it really easy.

*Any* help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
-n.