Re: [HACKERS] missing mugshots

From: "D'Arcy" "J(dot)M(dot)" Cain <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
To: wieck(at)debis(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] missing mugshots
Date: 1999-10-31 00:45:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thus spake Jan Wieck
> > One thing I notice is that mine and the server share a pin (reasonable
> > as we are in the same place) but the way it is presented is a little
> > confusing. It will get more confusing as time goes on and we get more
> > than one person in the same city. At least in this case it's obvious that
> > the server didn't work on stuff. There should be a cleaner delineation
> > between people sharing the same location.
>
> Hmmmm,
>
> does that mean the server is only close to you, not where you
> are?
>
> From the wording in the original page "... and location of
> hub.org" I assumed that it is the SAME location, not just
> another one in Toronto. Therefore I just colored the pin a
> little different. But if it's a separate location it must be
> a separate pin with it's own popup.

I just assumed that there wasn't enough room to stick two pins in the same
city. Well, we aren't in exactly the same place. However, I connect
directly to the system that provides hub.org it's bandwidth so logically
we are next door neighbours.

However, it really is a different place but, as I said, we have to
deal with when we get big enough that one city might get crowded.
Why not just have the popup be a list of developers rather than one
and allow for more than one.

Then again, more pins looks better. In any case, perhaps the server
should have its own pin.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at){druid|vex}.net> | Democracy is three wolves