Re: [GENERAL] Graphical database maintenence design tool

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: Peter Mount <pgsqlgen(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Graphical database maintenence design tool
Date: 1998-06-07 08:30:23
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

At 21:10 +0300 on 3/6/98, Peter Mount wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Peter Cordone wrote:
>
> > I am new to Postgres and somewhat new to Linux and Unix. I am trying to
> > find a graphical tool that I can use to do my database table design, in
> > XWindows or one that I can run in Microsoft Windows NT over my network.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest anything?
>
> There are also quite a few Java JDBC Applications out there that will run
> on both Linux and NT without recompiling. Check on www.gamelan.com

Peter, I remember you gave me the same answer a while ago, but frankly,
I've been roaming around gamelan lately (after my attempt with pgAccess
failed), and I didn't see anything which fits the description. I saw a few
tools which, from the descriptions, are nothing more than places to insert
a query and see the results. If you're lucky, you see the results
graphically. I just wonder if there's any took I've skipped, or if I looked
in the wrong place at gamelan. Do you have any actual name of any software
(preferable not commercial) which you know does it?

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma