Re: Tcl/tk and postgreSQL

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: JohnDz <john_dzilvelis(at)sunserv1(dot)valpak(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tcl/tk and postgreSQL
Date: 1998-06-07 08:10:58
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

[The thread redirected to the interfaces list, where it belongs]

At 20:21 +0300 on 5/6/98, JohnDz wrote:

> Is anyone aware of the existence of the shared libraries libpgtcl.so and
> libpq.so for a macintosh client? I believe these would be ".shlib" type
> files. I need these files to connect to the database.
>
> Or, is there a better solution for connecting a tcl/tk app running on a
> Mac with PostgreSQL?

There is a library, written entirely in tcl 8, which emulates all the
functions in libpgtcl. It is called pgsql, currently at version 0.2 for
PostgreSQL v. 6.3.x. It is available from:

ftp://aero.vmei.acad.bg/pub/dbase/pgsql/pgsql/

I had a bit of a problem running pgAccess with it, but I suspect that it's
because I use PostgreSQL 6.2.1, not 6.3.x.

One note, though: the installation procedure does not work on the Mac. You
should follow what it tries to, and do so manually.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma