Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [GENERAL] Graphical database maintenence design tool

From: Peter T Mount <pgint(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
Cc: Peter Mount <pgsqlgen(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [GENERAL] Graphical database maintenence design tool
Date: 1998-06-07 17:16:01
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Herouth Maoz wrote:

> At 21:10 +0300 on 3/6/98, Peter Mount wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Peter Cordone wrote:
> >
> > > I am new to Postgres and somewhat new to Linux and Unix. I am trying to
> > > find a graphical tool that I can use to do my database table design, in
> > > XWindows or one that I can run in Microsoft Windows NT over my network.
> > >
> > > Can anyone suggest anything?
> >
> > There are also quite a few Java JDBC Applications out there that will run
> > on both Linux and NT without recompiling. Check on www.gamelan.com
>
> Peter, I remember you gave me the same answer a while ago, but frankly,
> I've been roaming around gamelan lately (after my attempt with pgAccess
> failed), and I didn't see anything which fits the description. I saw a few
> tools which, from the descriptions, are nothing more than places to insert
> a query and see the results. If you're lucky, you see the results
> graphically. I just wonder if there's any took I've skipped, or if I looked
> in the wrong place at gamelan.

I think most of them are just that - enter a query and get the results
out.

> Do you have any actual name of any software (preferable not commercial)
> which you know does it?

I can't remember what it was called, but I did see one that did allow some
administration a while back. I'll try to dig it up.

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk or petermount(at)earthling(dot)net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk