Re: REVOKE ALL

From: "David Legault" <legault(dot)david(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: REVOKE ALL
Date: 2007-02-21 14:45:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Will report on it,

There isn't anything in the FAQ about changes to the ROLES that I've seen

though this line may be interesting:

%Allow GRANT/REVOKE permissions to be applied to all schema objects with one
command

The proposed syntax is:

GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN public TO phpuser; GRANT SELECT ON NEW TABLES
IN public TO phpuser;
It's marked with an % saying it's easy to implement, but isn't with a "-" so
it won't be in 8.3.

Will make REVOKE and GRANT commands much easier without knowing all the
objects that need to be listed to use them.

Thanks

David