Re: WIP: Aggregation push-down

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Antonin Houska <ah(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andy Fan <zhihui(dot)fan1213(at)gmail(dot)com>, legrand legrand <legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Subject: Re: WIP: Aggregation push-down
Date: 2021-03-03 16:42:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 7/3/20 6:07 AM, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-07-02 at 14:39 +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> This version now fails to apply to HEAD, with what looks like like a trivial
>> error in the expected test output. Can you please submit a rebased version so
>> we can see it run in the patch tester CI? I'm marking the entry as Waiting on
>> Author in the meantime.
>
> I have rebased the patch against current HEAD, it passes "make installcheck".

This needs another rebase so marked as Waiting on Author:
http://cfbot.cputube.org/patch_32_1247.log

As far as I can see reviewer concerns have been addressed as they have
come up, but as Tomas noted this is a bit of a niche feature as far as
who might commit it.

Tom, Tomas, would you care to share your remaining concerns, if any?

Regards,
--
-David
david(at)pgmasters(dot)net