Re: WIP: Aggregation push-down

From: Antonin Houska <ah(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP: Aggregation push-down
Date: 2021-03-11 10:10:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote:

> On 7/3/20 6:07 AM, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> > On Thu, 2020-07-02 at 14:39 +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> >> This version now fails to apply to HEAD, with what looks like like a trivial
> >> error in the expected test output. Can you please submit a rebased version so
> >> we can see it run in the patch tester CI? I'm marking the entry as Waiting on
> >> Author in the meantime.
> >
> > I have rebased the patch against current HEAD, it passes "make installcheck".
>
> This needs another rebase so marked as Waiting on Author:
> http://cfbot.cputube.org/patch_32_1247.log

Besides the fact that I don't have time to work on it now, I'm not able to
convince myself to put more effort into it. If there's almost no progress for
several years, I don't believe another rebase(s) is anything but wasted
effort.

So I've withdrawn the patch, also to save CFMs from examining the history
again and again uselessly. The code is free so anyone can continue if he
thinks it makes sense. If it finally finds its way into the PG core and if
meaningful part of my code remains, I'd appreciate it if I was mentioned in
the release notes. Thanks.

--
Antonin Houska