Re: libpq compression

From: Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robbie Harwood <rharwood(at)redhat(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Grigory Smolkin <g(dot)smolkin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq compression
Date: 2019-03-25 09:04:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 25.03.2019 11:06, David Steele wrote:
> Konstantin,
>

> This patch appears to be failing tests so I have marked it Waiting on
> Author.
>
> I have also removed the reviewer since no review had been done. Maybe
> somebody else will have a look.
>
> Regards,

Can you please inform me which tests are failed?
I have done "make check-world" and there were no failed tests.
Actually if compression is not enabled (and it is disabled by default
unless explicitly requested by client), there should be no difference
with vanilla Postgres.
So it will be strange if some tests are failed without using compression.

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company