Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take three - remastered set
Date: 2022-04-01 11:53:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 01, 2022 at 03:01:38PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 10:51:59PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>> Is diff -q defined somewhere ? I can't find it in postgres sources nor in
>> sources for bf client.
>
> 322becb has added such a call, at the end of 002_pg_upgrade.pl.
> vcregress.pl also has one before this commit.

The Windows animals seem to be in good shape, except hamerkop that
dies on "vcregress upgradecheck" when the TAP tests are disabled
causing the buildfarm client to stop. My idea to use upgradecheck
leads to more code than just moving the test to bincheck so let's
reuse the suggestion from Andres upthread and disable completely
upgradecheck, keeping the target around only for compatibility. The
attached does that, and the test of pg_upgrade would go through
bincheck instead.

It is late here, I'll try to get that patched up tomorrow.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
win32-upgradecheck.patch text/x-diff 1.5 KB