Re: Small issues with CREATE TABLE COMPRESSION

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Jacob Champion <pchampion(at)vmware(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Small issues with CREATE TABLE COMPRESSION
Date: 2021-05-06 12:12:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 06, 2021 at 10:45:53AM +0530, Dilip Kumar wrote:
> Thanks, Robert and Michael for your input. I will try to understand
> how it is done in the example shared by you and come up with the test
> once I get time. I assume this is not something urgent.

Thanks. FWIW, I'd rather see this gap closed asap, as features should
come with proper tests IMO.

While on it, I can see that there is no support for --with-lz4 in the
MSVC scripts. I think that this is something where we had better
close the gap, and upstream provides binaries on Windows on their
release page:
https://github.com/lz4/lz4/releases

And I am familiar with both areas, so I have no helping out and
getting that in shape correctly before beta1.
--
Michael