Re: BUG #16927: Postgres can`t access WAL files

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Ярослав Пашинский <yarik97(dot)6(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #16927: Postgres can`t access WAL files
Date: 2021-03-16 23:56:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 07:30:00AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I am still running some tests on my own environments, but that's much
> harder to hit for me, visibly, and the error code path complaining is
> not the same. If I may ask, what are the contents of pg_wal on the
> instances where the errors happen. Do you have some files suffixed
> with ".deleted" around, or anything named like xlogtemp.N, where N is
> an integer for a PID?

Another thing I could do here is to share links to download all the
binaries built for 13.2 and 13.2 + a patch, that you could drop into
your own servers to test what I am suspecting causes the issue.
Depending on your server policies, perhaps that's not acceptable,
though. Just let me know which one you'd prefer.
--
Michael