Re: BUG #16927: Postgres can`t access WAL files

From: Ярослав Пашинский <yarik97(dot)6(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Postgres bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #16927: Postgres can`t access WAL files
Date: 2021-03-17 08:34:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I am able to run compiled binaries + patch on my servers, that not a
problem. Or I could also compile if you could tell me briefly how to do
that because it`s real useful skill :)
I attached 2 files: files_list.txt - that content of pg_wal directory;
second file file_option.png - properties of one wal file that postgres
can`t access. Strange thing is even with domain admin or local admin I
can`t see rights properties for this file.

ср, 17 мар. 2021 г. в 01:56, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 07:30:00AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > I am still running some tests on my own environments, but that's much
> > harder to hit for me, visibly, and the error code path complaining is
> > not the same. If I may ask, what are the contents of pg_wal on the
> > instances where the errors happen. Do you have some files suffixed
> > with ".deleted" around, or anything named like xlogtemp.N, where N is
> > an integer for a PID?
>
> Another thing I could do here is to share links to download all the
> binaries built for 13.2 and 13.2 + a patch, that you could drop into
> your own servers to test what I am suspecting causes the issue.
> Depending on your server policies, perhaps that's not acceptable,
> though. Just let me know which one you'd prefer.
> --
> Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
files_list.txt text/plain 13.4 KB