Re: Move defaults toward ICU in 16?

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Move defaults toward ICU in 16?
Date: 2023-02-17 05:40:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 10:44:05AM +0530, Robert Haas wrote:
> Uh, I had the contrary impression from the discussion upthread, but it
> sounds like I might be misunderstanding the situation?

IMO, it would be nice to be able to have the automatic detection of
meson work in the CFbot to see how this patch goes. Perhaps that's
not a reason enough to hold on this patch, though..

Separate question: what's the state of the Windows installers provided
by the community regarding libicu? Is that embedded in the MSI?
--
Michael