Re: [HACKERS] missing mugshots

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: (Jan Wieck) <wieck(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, (Bruce Momjian) <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] missing mugshots
Date: 1999-10-30 20:58:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 30-Oct-99 Jan Wieck wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

>> > BTW: There are alot of files on the main site where cvs stat
>> > doesn't tell up-to-date. Some are locally modified but not
>> > committed, some need a merge.
>>
>> You mean files on the site that are not in cvs, or are newer than the
>> cvs copies. Either Vince or I did that, I suppose. How did you find
>> which ones they were? Vince, any ideas?
>
> [wieck(at)hub] ~pgsql/ftp/www/html > cvs stat |& less
>
> The locally modified ones don't seem to be a problem to me
> since they are what's visible outside and simply need a
> commit.
>
> But the ones telling Needs Merge are! This status means,
> that the working file is a locally modified copy of an older
> revision in the CVS. A cvs update would try to merge both
> modifications into the new working file and this is required
> before a commit! Let's take devel-contrib.html as an example:
>
> [wieck(at)hub] ~pgsql/ftp/www/html > cvs stat devel-contrib.html
> File: devel-contrib.html Status: Needs Merge
>
> Working revision: 1.29 Mon Mar 29 16:43:09 1999
> Repository revision: 1.44 /usr/local/cvsroot/www/html/devel-contrib.html,v
> Sticky Tag: (none)
> Sticky Date: (none)
> Sticky Options: (none)
>
> The last cvs update brought the working copy (that one
> actually on the web site) into sync with 1.29. Since then,
> there have been 15 commits from other working directories
> plus local modifications to the file. Looking at the diff it
> seems that the authors (momjian and vev :-) have a checkout
> of the repository on their home system, commit modifications
> there and instead of checking them out on the main site they
> just copy their working files onto the site, ignoring that
> the main site is another working directory of the same
> repository. That's just what I guess from what I see.

Must have been a long time ago. Can I just do a cvs release or
something like that? I do all my work on hub.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> Have you seen http://www.pop4.net?
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com