RE: [small patch] Change datatype of ParallelMessagePending from "volatile bool" to "volatile sig_atomic_t"

From: "kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Michael Paquier' <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [small patch] Change datatype of ParallelMessagePending from "volatile bool" to "volatile sig_atomic_t"
Date: 2022-09-27 01:38:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Michael,

> Done this one. I have scanned the code, but did not notice a similar
> mistake.

I found your commit, thanks!

> It is worth noting that we have only one remaining "volatile
> bool" in the headers now.

Maybe you mentioned about sigint_interrupt_enabled,
and it also seems to be modified in the signal handler.
But I think any race conditions may be not occurred here
because if the value is set in the handler the code jump will be also happened.

Of course it's OK to mark the variable to sig_atomic_t too if there is no problem.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED