Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: SGVLLUG Oracle and Informix on Linux]

From: Maarten Boekhold <maartenb(at)dutepp0(dot)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: Bruce Tong <zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net>
Cc: James Olin Oden <joden(at)lee(dot)k12(dot)nc(dot)us>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: SGVLLUG Oracle and Informix on Linux]
Date: 1998-07-23 09:01:55
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> Exactly. I'm learning SQL and PostgreSQL at the same time and it is
> sometimes difficult for me to correctly assess what belongs with each. My
> recent GRANT/REVOKE question was like this. I didn't think for a minute
> that would be handled by SQL since databases were created and destroyed by
> PostgreSQL utilities.

In fact, they are handled by SQL: CREATE DATABASE and DROP DATABASE. The
createdb and destroydb tools just call these SQL statements....

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems |
| Department of Electrical Engineering |
| Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section |
| M(dot)Boekhold(at)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl |