Re: [HACKERS] DBI/DBD anyone?

From: Maarten Boekhold <maartenb(at)dutepp2(dot)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Hackers <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] DBI/DBD anyone?
Date: 1998-06-24 08:19:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> I'm sending this one to both hackers and interfaces (not sure which one
> it really pertains to) but I have the reply-to set to interfaces.
>
> Anyway...
>
> I'm trying to set up dbd/dbi and all went well until I got to test DBD.
> The README says it's for 6.2+, but fails when trying to create a table
> like so:
>
> CREATE TABLE builtin (
> bool bool,
> char char,
> char16 char16,
> text text,
> date date,
> int4 int4,
> int4_ int4[],
> float8 float8,
> point point,
> lseg lseg,
> box box
> )
>
> I get the error: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "char"
>
> Same thing when I try to create it from psql. Since I know I can

Hmmmm, isn't 'char' a reserved word? try to create this table with
different column names....

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems |
| Department of Electrical Engineering |
| Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section |
| M(dot)Boekhold(at)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl |