DBI/DBD anyone?

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Hackers <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: DBI/DBD anyone?
Date: 1998-06-23 19:16:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

I'm sending this one to both hackers and interfaces (not sure which one
it really pertains to) but I have the reply-to set to interfaces.

Anyway...

I'm trying to set up dbd/dbi and all went well until I got to test DBD.
The README says it's for 6.2+, but fails when trying to create a table
like so:

CREATE TABLE builtin (
bool bool,
char char,
char16 char16,
text text,
date date,
int4 int4,
int4_ int4[],
float8 float8,
point point,
lseg lseg,
box box
)

I get the error: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "char"

Same thing when I try to create it from psql. Since I know I can
create tables all day long with the user I am at the time I have to
think there's something changed in PostgreSQL, although I didn't
find anything that would point to the problem in any of the docs.
That's why I'm sending this to both lists. Was there a change in
datatypes or is there something wrong with the perl script that does
the test; I'm rather perl un-savvy! I'm running 6.3 and perl 5.00404
on FreeBSD 2.2.6.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Searchable Campground Listings http://www.camping-usa.com
"There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
than the federal government" -- Tony Snow