multiple PostgreSQL versions on one machine with Perl Interface

From: freak001(at)mmp(dot)lu
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: multiple PostgreSQL versions on one machine with Perl Interface
Date: 1998-06-24 09:58:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I need to install different versions of the PostgreSQL database on a single
machine. This should help me to install new applications of PostgreSQL
using new database features without touching the function and source code
of my old applications. To install many different PostgreSQL versions on
one machine I can install different Postmaster engines with different port
addresses. This should work fine. Now here comes my problem.
Can I install multiple versions of the Perl interface module on one machine
? It seems to me, that the Perl interface is installed once for the
complete machine. Every Perl interface seems to work only with the
specifies PostgreSQL version and only this version.

Thank you for any ideas you can give me.

Matthias