Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95

From: Dustin Sallings <dustin(at)spy(dot)net>
To: Ron Chmara <ron(at)opus1(dot)com>
Cc: Marten Feldtmann <marten(at)feki(dot)toppoint(dot)de>, Elmar(dot)Haneke(at)gmx(dot)de, pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95
Date: 2000-02-25 03:10:22
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, root wrote:

# > I'm writing this email to you from a notebook. Running Linux. And Postgres.
# > :-) So, it's already being done (Notebooks aren't the issue here, I believe
# > it's an issue of OS choices).
#
# There're still some Windows'95 and Windows'98 users out there in the
# world ...

I'm not convinced that this is a reason to run a database server
on it. I don't think anyone would complain if someone ported postgres to
Windows, but it seems like a silly exercise. I've got a few macs around
the house, but I'm in no way interested in using them as data servers.

--
dustin sallings The world is watching America,
http://2852210114/~dustin/ and America is watching TV.