Re: "expected authentication request from server, but

From: Michal Jeczalik <pgsql-hackers(at)jeczalik(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "expected authentication request from server, but
Date: 2005-09-26 08:28:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 09:59:53AM +0200, Micha? J?czalik wrote:
>> Connection with psql works OK. Connecting from different (older) hosts
>> with DBI/PHP works perfect as well. Something must have changed in recent
>> versions of libpq and now it doesn't work. I looked into source code and
>> found that the server's message at the very start of conversation appears
>> to be something else than the libpq expects. But how to fix it?! Has the
>> protocol change or what?
>
> Umm, I think the protocol version is up to 3 or 4 now. I think libpq
> supports all the way back to 7.0, I don't know if anyone tests earlier
> than that.
>
> If you really need this to work, I suggest pulling the libpq from that
> release (CVS or tarball) or slightly later and installing that on the
> new machines.

Heh, that's what I'm currently doing, but it's not so easy to compile 6.4
on a new system. configure states that the compiler cannot create
executables, but I ripped this check out of it. Anyway, something goes
wrong while generating the Makefile:

sed: file conftest.s1 line 33: unterminated `s' command
creating backend/catalog/genbki.sh
sed: file conftest.s1 line 33: unterminated `s' command
creating backend/utils/Gen_fmgrtab.sh
sed: file conftest.s1 line 33: unterminated `s' command
creating bin/pg_dump/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 33: unterminated `s' command
creating bin/pg_version/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 33: unterminated `s' command

:(
--
Samotnik Michał Jęczalik, +48.695.64.75.14
www.zagle.org.pl - rejsy morskie