Is this the wrong list?

From: Andreas Tille <tillea(at)rki(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Is this the wrong list?
Date: 2000-08-16 13:36:42
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, I wrote under the subject "Any SQL-functions examples
available":

> I tried to write my first SQL-functions with the intention to
> port some stored procedures from MS SQL server. It would make my
> task much simpler if someone could point me to some simple
> examples which demonstate the use of function parameters in
> SELECT/INSERT statements and how to get the results transformed
> into reasonable return types, for instance if SELECT was successful
> return true else false, etc.
Is there any other list where I could expect answers to those simple
questions. I could not imagine that nobody has ever written some
simple tests with SQL functions. Perhaps this problem is to simple
here.

Or may be I have the wrong philosophy and those functions are not
ment to be used in PostgreSQL?

Kind regards

Andreas.