Re: List of Large sites using Postgres

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Oakley <oakerz(at)eudoramail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: List of Large sites using Postgres
Date: 2000-08-16 13:41:54
Lists: pgsql-general

good place to scan (and add your project) is:

http://www.pgsql.com/register/

Just a quick scan through, stuff that mean something to me:

Canadian Tire (Canada-wide Automotive and More chain)
http://www.pgsql.com/register/full.php?oid=25323392

Oxford University
http://www.pgsql.com/register/full.php?oid=22276827

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Oakley wrote:

> I know this may be at least somewhat off the topic in this group, but I figured all of you would be better capable of giving a good answer =)
>
> Our company is *finally* toying with the idea of chaning our DB's over to Postgres from Sybase. What they are asking me is if there are any *large* sites using it. Anyone Anyone? By large, I am rather certain they are referring to such things as lycos, yahoo, etc... I do believe the concern here is that we host a few sites that use a database backend, and those sites generate at least 20 million hits a month, and they dont want them to die if we were to change things...
>
> Any links or whatever would be GREATLY appreciated =)
>
> Thanks
>

> Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account at http://www.eudoramail.com

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org