Indent

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Indent
Date: 1999-11-08 22:55:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>From FAQ_DEV:

"pgindent will format source files to match our standard format, which
has four-space tabs, and an indenting format specified by flags to the
your operating system's utility indent."

Then why are all files indented with eight spaces? I personally like the
four spaces, straight bsd style in Emacs and -orig in indent. But at least
it should be consistent.

Also, how can I prevent this from happening:

void
print_copyright(void)
{
puts(
"
PostgreSQL Data Base Management System

Copyright(c) 1996 - 9 PostgreSQL Global Development Group

instead of

void
print_copyright(void)
{
puts(
"
PostgreSQL Data Base Management System

Copyright(c) 1996 - 9 PostgreSQL Global Development Group

?
Looks really ugly in the output.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders vaeg 10:115