Re: [HACKERS] Indent

From: Bernard Frankpitt <frankpit(at)pop(dot)dn(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Indent
Date: 1999-11-10 19:31:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Peter,
This puzzled me for some time too, I am guessing that you are using
emacs to edit the code, and you are being tripped up by emacs use of 8
spaces for a tab symbol. You can change the emacs tab width by
configuring the emacs variable tab-width. You can do this on the
buffer that you are editing by using C-h v tab-width to pull up a buffer
that allows you to customize the variable, or you can use a hook to
c-mode to set it whenever you are editing a c-file. I have the following
lines in my .emacs file

;;; Set tab-width in c-mode to 4 spaces
(add-hook 'c-mode-hook
(function (lambda () (set tab-width 4))))

I think that there are some other small differences between emacs c-mode
formatting and the indent formatting that PostgreSQL uses, but the
8-space
tab is the only one that I have fixed.

Bernie